Want to start you business in downtown Sevierville? Each business is different, so each of these items may or may not apply to you. Please check with your lawyer or accountant for more details.
1. Read this book to determine the viability of your idea and then validate your idea by talking with real or potential customers: The Mom Test, by Rob Fitzpatrick
2. Create a simple business model canvas. Start with this one from $100 Startup.
3. Choose a business name. Read Step 1 to see if it’s taken in Tennessee, then read the other steps.
4. Figure out the right structure for your business. This is the time to find a lawyer and accountant.
5. Figure out the money. How much will you need to get started? How will you generate ongoing revenue? Read through the SBA website and then go to your local TN Small Business Development Center for help.
7. Include local city links
8. Apply for an EIN. Here’s how you do that.